Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Energy. We offer competitive salary packages commensurate with experience. Benefits include health care plans, dental, vision and Simple IRA plan, Performance Bonus, Flexible Schedule, Vacation/Sick Leave.
All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role. To apply to any of the positions listed below, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Join our team as a Commercial Solar Sales Consultant. Although sales experience is required, Aurora Energy will provide you with training and guidance in the commercial solar energy sales field.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of products, services, and sales offerings
- Follow-up on referrals to generate new customers
- Network and expand your customer base
- Engage customers with Aurora Energy’s solar solutions, including but not limited to project estimation, installation and inspection processes
- Drive the creation of project leads and ensure customer satisfaction from contract to completion
- Provide the highest level of professionalism and customer service while keeping record of all communication
- Track and monitor performance with our set standards
- 1-3+ years of proven sales experience
- Proven sales track record in a direct-to-consumer environment
- Tech aptitude: The ability to maneuver through multiple web-based systems and platforms especially: Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Adobe PDF Creator. Drafting or modeling program experience (CAD, Google Sketchup) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to strategically network and expand your customer base
- Professionally present proposals and quotes to customers
- Excellent time and energy management
- Positive attitude, resilient, high energy, passionate, competitive, and honest
- Superb customer service skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Must be comfortable in an active environment
- Min 18 years of age with a high school degree, college grads preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and drug screening
Compensation and generous benefits including:
- Base salary
- Paid training workshops
- Opportunity for advancement
- Career path opportunities for top performers
Aurora Energy’s technology-driven engineering department currently has an immediate opening for an experienced Commercial Solar Design Engineer.
Job Description: The Commercial Solar Design Engineer position is part of the engineering team and reports directly to the Vice President.
On a technical level: The CSD Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of commercial solar PV system design, including electrical, structural, civil, as well as the application of solar PV industry codes and standards.
On a service level: The CSD Engineer will be responsible for maintaining effective customer and supplier communications, understanding project requirements, and facilitating all deliverables to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
Candidate must be results-oriented with a passion for clean energy sourcing; sustainable growth for both our environment and regional economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing commercial and industrial PV systems using AutoCAD and PVsyst
- Engineering calculations
- Document tracking
- Revision control
- Constructing and enhancing templates, excel calculators, and design tools
- Maintaining solid customer service and customer communications
- Prompt response to emails and phone calls
- Multi-tasking many action items under tight deadlines
Education or Desired License and Certificates:
- 4-year college degree (engineering or science degree preferred, but not required)
- Professional Engineering a plus, but not required
- Grid Alternatives / Volunteer or previous hands-on installation training a plus
- NABCEP certification a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum two years of commercial and industrial PV system design (rooftop, ground mount and carport)
- Must have electrical and mechanical engineering concepts and design experience
- Familiar with construction codes and standards
- Advanced with AutoCAD, especially with drafting and graphing tools
- Advanced with PVsyst
- Proficient with cloud-based design software such as Helioscope, Aurora Solar and Energy Tool Base
- Strong proofreading skills; attention-to-detail is a must
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Superior communication skills (both verbally and written) with various corporate levels, both internally and externally
- Strong foundation in mathematical and analytical principles
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate complex systems with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Time management skills and ability to manage large volumes of projects
Work Location and Status:
- Columbia, Maryland
- Full-Time Employment
- No visa sponsorship
Aurora Energy, Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Manager/Field Engineer to help lead the engineering efforts in the field including commissioning, inspecting, and gathering site data as needed for the design of new systems. The candidate must have experience and understanding in the design, installation, and operation of commercial PV systems, commercial electrical systems. Ideal candidate must be organized, flexible with daily duties and willing to take on new challenges. Pride, integrity, attention to detail a must.
The position is based in the company’s office headquarters in Columbia, MD but will require frequent travel to sites including but not limited to DC, MD and VA
A. Site Surveying/Engineering: Assess potential commercial PV sites and submit detailed report on array recommendations to engineers. Take detailed notes on the electrical service/electrical room, determine best locations for inverters and electrical distribution equipment.
- Determine locations for line or load side interconnections.
- Survey roof, taking exact measurements Review completed design documents and give feedback to engineers.
- Conduct detailed inspections and commissioning of solar PV systems.
- Conduct visual inspection to confirm system was built according to drawings, specifications, codes, and industry best practices.
- Prepare written inspection reports with pertinent photographs, code citations, and actions required to ensure a safe and code-compliant PV installation
C. Monitoring Systems
- Configure & troubleshoot network connections (wired & cellular)
- Monitor short and long term performance.
D. Troubleshooting: The Field Engineer/Project Manager will need to solve a wide range of issues on installed systems, diagnosing the issue and making recommendations for resolution/repair.
- (3) years experience in trade management
- Ability to manage and inspect commercial scale PV systems, ensuring workmanship methods meet standards of excellence.
- Candidate must possess an OSHA 10 hour certificate, or be willing to obtain one
- Candidate must be willing and able to work on/around rooftops and on/around energized electrical equipment on a regular basis as well as lift up to 75 lbs
- OSHA 30 card
- NABCEP Certified PV Installer and/or licensed electrician
- Proficient in relevant PV industry tools and software
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Aurora Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.