An AEI Construction Manager oversees various commercial solar projects, monitors their progress and completion, and ensures that they meet the expectations of the clients.
Aurora Energy, Inc. is seeking a Commercial Solar Construction Manager. Pride, Integrity and Attention to Detail are a must! AEI’s Construction Managers work directly with Project Managers, Engineers, Subcontractors, and Clients on projects across Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C. Having an integral role in all aspects of the project, AEI Construction Managers must have a strong background in commercial solar construction, possess strong communication skills, be highly self-motivated and work well others. We offer competitive compensation, 401k, paid vacation and sick days and health insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
A. Site Management and Support:
- Work closely and efficiently with Project Manager to efficiently direct subcontractors and vendors.
- Build and maintain a healthy relationship with clients and subcontractors.
- Monitor and address site safety.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are safely built to specification, meeting codes and industry best practices.
- Oversee and document daily progress and logs.
- Identify and help resolve potential problems or issues before they occur.
- Submit reports when needed with pertinent photographs and actions required to ensure a safe and code-compliant installation.
- Compare construction progress with project schedule.
- Coordinate, receive, inspect, and document deliveries.
- Coordinate permit procurement.
- Coordinate and attend Interconnection/ Utility Outage.
- Coordinate and attend Inspections.
- Create and maintain as built drawings.
- Commission and document PV system.
- Collect commissioning documents from subcontractors.
C. Monitoring Systems
- Configure and test PV monitoring systems.
- Trouble shoot PV monitoring systems.
D. Project Closeout
- Create punch list and confirm remediation.
- Track necessary documents and tasks needed throughout the project to ensure timely and complete project closeout.
- Diagnose and resolve a wide range of issues before, during and after installations.
F. Potential PV Site Assessment:
- Document electrical service and electrical room.
- Determine possible interconnection locations.
- Determine possible inverter locations.
- Determine possible array locations.
- Survey and document roof thoroughly.
- Review completed design documents and provide feedback to engineers.
- 3 years’ working experience installing Commercial PV.
- 2 years’ working experience in Construction Management.
- OSHA 10 Hour Training
- OSHA 30 Hour Training (must be achieved with in 1 year of hiring.)
- Strong understanding of both mechanical and electrical aspects of Commercial PV Construction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt and become proficient with AEI digital filing.
- Proficient in reading and understanding design plans/ blueprints.
- Ability to efficiently work from the job site daily.
- Highly self-motivated outside the box thinker.
- Ability to multi-task at a high level while efficiently completing tasks and or projects.
- Knowledge of PV Commissioning requirements and experience commissioning systems.
- Comfortable and able to work on rooftops on a regular basis.
- Comfortable and able to safely work around energized electrical equipment on a regular basis.
- Comfortable and experienced using extension ladders and/or scissor lifts.
- Willing and able to lift and move 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- OSHA 30 Hour Training.
- Current Forklift and/ or Scissor Lift certification.
- NABCEP Certified PV Installer.
- Proficient in relevant PV industry tools and software.
- Licensed Electrician.
- Survey and Layout experience
Aurora Energy main office is based in Columbia Maryland. Columbia is consistently voted one of the best places to live in the US with great schools and a thriving economy. However, for those who do not live in Columbia, Aurora Energy offers the opportunity for partial remote work from such locations as D.C. or Northern Virginia.