Project Management is a fundamental component to any successful installation. Aurora Energy is seeking an experienced Project Manager to help lead the projects in the field including commissioning, inspecting, and gathering site data as needed for the design of new systems. The candidate must have experience and understanding in the design, installation, and operation of commercial PV systems, commercial electrical systems.
The position is based in the company’s office headquarters in Columbia, MD but will require frequent travel to sites including but not limited to DC, MD and VA
Site Surveying: Assess potential commercial PV sites and submit detailed report on array recommendations to engineers. Survey roof, taking exact measurements Review completed design documents and give feedback to engineers.
Project Management: On-site management during PV installation phase. Coordinating/tracking equipment & provide direction for system installation according to design specs.
Commissioning: Conduct visual inspection to confirm system was built according to drawings, specifications and codes. Prepare written inspection reports with pertinent photographs, code citations, and actions required to ensure a safe and code-compliant PV installation. Manage commissioning process. Configure & troubleshoot network monitoring connections.
- Three (3) years experience in trade management
- Ability to manage and inspect commercial scale PV systems, ensuring good workmanship practices.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work on/around rooftops and on/around energized electrical equipment on a regular basis as well as lift up to 75 lbs
- OSHA 30 card
- NABCEP Certified PV Installer and/or licensed electrician
- Proficient in relevant PV industry tools and software