An AEI Project Manager oversees various commercial solar projects, monitors their progress and completion, and ensures that they meet the expectations of the clients.
Aurora Energy, Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Manager to help lead the engineering efforts in the field including commissioning, inspecting, and gathering site data as needed for the design of new systems. The candidate must have experience and understanding in the design, installation, and operation of commercial PV systems, commercial electrical systems. Ideal candidate must be organized, flexible with daily duties and willing to take on new challenges. Pride, integrity, attention to detail a must. We offer competitive compensation, 401k, paid vacation and sick days and health insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
B. Site Surveying/Engineering
Assess potential commercial PV sites and submit detailed report on array recommendations to engineers. Take detailed notes on the electrical service/electrical room, determine best locations for inverters and electrical distribution equipment.
- Determine locations for line or load side interconnections.
- Survey roof, taking exact measurements, review completed design documents and give feedback to engineers.
- Conduct detailed inspections and commissioning of solar PV systems.
- Conduct visual inspection to confirm system was built according to drawings, specifications, codes, and industry best practices.
- Prepare written inspection reports with pertinent photographs, code citations, and actions required to ensure a safe and code-compliant PV installation
D. Monitoring Systems
- Configure & troubleshoot network connections (wired & cellular)
- Monitor short- and long-term performance.
The Field Engineer/Project Manager will need to solve a wide range of issues on installed systems, diagnosing the issue and making recommendations for resolution/repair.
- 3 years’ experience in trade management
- Ability to manage and inspect commercial scale PV systems, ensuring workmanship methods meet standards of excellence.
- Candidate must possess an OSHA 10-hour certificate, or be willing to obtain one
- Candidate must be willing and able to work on/around rooftops and on/around energized electrical equipment on a regular basis as well as lift up to 75 lbs.
- Budget management experience.
- OSHA 30 card
- NABCEP Certified PV Installer and/or licensed electrician
- Proficient in relevant PV industry tools and software
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Aurora Energy main office is based in Columbia Maryland. Columbia is consistently voted one of the best places to live in the US with great schools and a thriving economy. However, for those who do not live in Columbia, Aurora Energy offers the opportunity for partial remote work from such locations as D.C. or Northern Virginia.