Design Engineering at Aurora
For over 25 years, innovative PV design has been Aurora Energy’s wheelhouse. We have successfully designed, engineered and installed some of the most imaginative arrays in the region. We are always on the lookout for skilled designers to keep our services fresh, inventive and inspired.
The Commercial Solar Design Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of commercial solar PV system design, including electrical & structural, as well as the application of solar PV industry codes and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a technical level: The CSD Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of commercial solar PV system design, including electrical, structural, civil, as well as the application of solar PV industry codes and standards.
- On a service level: The CSD Engineer will be responsible for maintaining effective customer and supplier communications, understanding project requirements, and facilitating all deliverables to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
The Commercial Solar Design Engineer must be results-oriented with a passion for clean energy sourcing; sustainable growth for both our environment and regional economy. We offer competitive compensation, 401k, paid vacation and sick days and health insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Designing commercial and industrial PV systems using AutoCAD and PVsyst
- Engineering calculations
- Document tracking
- Revision control
- Constructing and enhancing templates, excel calculators, and design tools
- Maintaining solid customer service and customer communications
- Professional interactions with customers to discuss design elements
- Multi-tasking many action items under tight deadlines
- Minimum three years of commercial and industrial PV system design (rooftop, ground mount and carport)
- 4-year college degree (engineering or science degree preferred, but not required)
- Professional Engineering a plus
- NABCEP certification a plus
- Previous hands-on installation training a plus
- Must have electrical and mechanical engineering concepts and design experience
- Strong knowledge with construction codes and standards
- Advanced AutoCAD user, especially with drafting and graphing tools
- Advanced PVsyst user
- Proficient with cloud-based design software such as Helioscope, Aurora Solar and Energy Tool Base
- Strong proofreading skills: attention-to-detail is a must
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Superior communication skills (both verbally and written) with various corporate levels, both internally and externally
- Strong foundation in mathematical and analytical principles
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate complex systems with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Time management skills and ability to manage large volumes of projects
Aurora Energy main office is based in Columbia Maryland. Columbia is consistently voted one of the best places to live in the US with great schools and a thriving economy. However, for those who do not live in Columbia, Aurora Energy offers the opportunity for partial remote work from such locations as D.C. or Northern Virginia.